Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Do you have a love for Aviation and desire to see the next generation become involved in using their aviation skills to support Bible translation in the most remote and difficult locations on earth? You can put that love and interest to work for God’s kingdom!
Are you a good communicator who can inspire, cast vision, and answer practical, down to earth questions? Be part of the Aviation Recruiting team, reaching out to college students and beyond, to fill our needs in countries around the world.
Working regionally, carry out recruitment strategies to meet aviation personnel needs
- For a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in US
- Understand current organizational staffing needs, the scope of each position, and process for onboarding staff
- Maintain relationships with potential recruits assigned to you by informing, encouraging, and communicating with them
- Attend conferences, job fairs, and recruiting events, which includes setting up displays and distributing recruitment materials
- Determine avenues for engagement to attract applicants and fill specific job openings
- Develop and maintain contacts with schools, alumni groups, and other organizations from which to recruit personnel
- Arrange onsite visits and tours to cast vision and awareness of our work and needs
- Coordinate and maintain communication with potential recruits using an aviation recruiting database
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Enjoy people
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Willing to travel
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of aviation and the basic missional requirements
- MS Office applications and Google Apps
- Mission field experience a plus
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
How To Apply
- Proof of health insurance
- Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organizatio
- Ages 14-17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
- Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call Housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020