Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Philadelphia READS is seeking an individual to join the small volunteer team that runs our Book Bank. The Book Bank Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Program Director and the Book Bank Manager in the operation of the Jacoby Book Bank. The Book Bank serves Philadelphia teachers (members) every Tuesday and Wednesday from 2:30 to 7:00 pm.
• Developing and systematizing plans to “stock” the shelves on days of operation
• Interacting with Book Bank members and assisting them with their book and supplies selections
• Receiving and tracking book donations
• Member data entry
• Large and small group volunteer management
• Maintaining and organizing the physical space
• Developing communications plan for member engagement, community engagement, and fundraising
Must be detail-oriented, able-bodied, available during book bank hours, and able to transport yourself to the book bank location, at Martin Luther King High School: 6100 Stenton Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19138.
- Training Provided