Times of day
A few hours per month
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
461 Quaker Bottom Road
Havre de Grace
Do you enjoy being out in the beauty of nature and helping support organizations that preserve our heritage? Do you have an eye for merchandise and enjoy working in shops? Then you might enjoy being a Gift Shop Greeter!
Steppingstone Farm Museum preserves and interprets the rural heritage of Harford County, MD. We are a private not-for-profit museum located within Susquehanna State Park, and rely heavily on the help of volunteers from the community. The museum is open to the public on Saturdays and Sundays between April and October, from 1-5pm.
Gift Shop Greeters are often the first point of contact for visitors arriving at the museum. They provide information on what’s on for the day, give directions to different buildings, and answer any questions visitors might have. They also assist visitors with purchases in the gift shop; all proceeds go back into keeping the museum open for the public to enjoy!
- Free “Family & Friends” museum membership in your first year, including passes to museum events and participation in members-only programs.
- Volunteer Appreciation Events throughout the year
- Building relationships and new skills that will last a lifetime!
- Minimum age: 18 years old
- Cash handling or retail experience preferred, but not required
- Must be able to interact courteously and positively children and adults of all ages, backgrounds, and education levels.
- Must be able to commit to at least one weekend shift (from 12:45-5:15pm) each month.
- Training Provided