Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
8 White Road
Creating a model to help local homestays use modern online booking systems as a tool for income creation.
Would you like to complete an internship or volunteer in Cape Town, South Africa from May to July 2018.
Open Africa is partnering with Airbnb to pilot a homestay empowerment programme in two provinces in South Africa. We have been tasked with developing a model that enables greater economic and social empowerment as well as building up a good and sustainable business across Africa that could be scaled to other developing markets.
Role and Responsibilities
- Online screening of potential partners and participation in client meetings
- Assist in brainstorming and idea planning
- Complete extra tasks if assigned on ad-hoc basis
- Work as a team player, share learnings and experiences.
- Capture project learnings and reports
You will learn and be exposed to:
- Real world knowledge of working with clients and managing accounts
- Hands-on strategizing and planning
- Participation in regular staff meetings
- The tourism industry in South Africa
- 3 year Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working with data and Excel
- Strong communication and coordination skills
- Fluent in both written and verbal English
- Knowledgeable about Airbnb and familiarity with the platform
- Commitment to a 3-month fixed term contract
- Socially aware and polite
The internship/volunteering opportunity will run at our offices in Cape Town for three months with the possibility of travel to other South African cities.
This is not a paid position, but fieldwork costs will be covered by Open Africa
Please fill int the form attached
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
If you meet the above requirements please follow the link and fill in the form.
We will review your application and get back to you by April 24