Elephant Conservation Volunteer Project, Sri Lanka
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by WorkingAbroad Projects
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Wasgamuwa National Park
Come experience the natural beauty in the green heart of Sri Lanka when joining as a volunteer in Wasgamuwa National Park. As a volunteer or intern, you assist with real ongoing conservation efforts to protect the wild Asian elephant populations, as well as the livelihood of the locals through conflict mitigation efforts.
Join if you want to:
- Contribute actively to the conservation of wild elephants and other wildlife in Sri Lanka
- Learn about wildlife-human conflicts in Sri Lanka and measures to prevent it firsthand
- Experience the real Sri Lanka, its people, wildlife and natural beauty
There is no interaction with any wild animals and all are observed from a distance.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
To secure your placement on the project, please complete and submit the form with your application payment of £180. If for some reason, your application is not accepted, we will reimburse this payment fully. However, for those who are accepted, you will be required to pay the final balance 2 months before arrival. Once we have confirmed your place, you will receive an information package on the programme, the work you will do, suggested items to bring, how to travel there etc.