Volunteer with the Toronto International Film Festival!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Toronto International Film Festival
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
350 King St West
We’re looking for film enthusiasts who enjoy engaging with the public, have a flexible attitude toward their assigned roles, possess strong communication skills, and understand that reliability is crucial to success.
Our exceptionally talented and dedicated Volunteers are the heart of our organization and are vital to the success of the Festival each and every year. Festival Volunteers assist in a variety of roles in the following areas:
- Theatre venues: Providing customer service and front-of-house assistance, including but not limited to managing lineups, scanning tickets, ushering, and encouraging the public to vote for the Grolsch People’s Choice Award. With eight venues in operation, this is where the majority of support is required.
- Industry Centre: Directing delegates to registration and pass pickup desks, offering information about Industry programming, and assisting with various administrative and operational tasks at Industry venues.
- Office support: Assisting various TIFF departments with a range of administrative, data-entry, and organizational tasks required during the Festival. Duties will vary depending on the position.
- ACE: Getting dispatched with on-the-fly notice to help a specific venue or Festival office in urgent need of support as a special “anywhere” ACE Volunteer.
Festival Volunteers also receive unparalleled access to movies, earn tons of exclusive discounts, have the chance to make new friends, and gain the knowledge that they helped make it all happen!
Qualified candidates must be available to complete four shifts between September 6 and 16, 2018, have good English-language comprehension (knowledge of other languages is an asset), and strong customer service skills. All applications will be reviewed, and qualified candidates will be invited to an in-person orientation session taking place in the first half of the month of August.
To read more about the TIFF Volunteer Programme and the 2018 recruitment process please visit tiff.net/volunteer
Contact the Volunteer Office at email@example.com or 416-934-5846 for more information.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers