AMERICORPS VISTA DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE (FT)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by South Bronx United, Inc.
594 Grand Concourse
South Bronx United is seeking energetic, caring individuals who are passionate about helpng provide youth in the South Bronx with the resources they need to succeed, to join our staff as an Americorps VISTA Development Associate. A VISTA Development Associate will increase South Bronx United’s capacity for development, fundraising, and marketing. He/she will have hands on work contributing to strategic and development plans, planning guides, donor databases, research and prospect lists, promotional materials, social media and newsletters, press releases, media inquiries, and more.
This is a full time position. A living stipend will be offered in accordance with an full-time position offered through the Americorps VISTA Program. The South Bronx United VISTA position is a partnership with Up2Us.
• Event Planning & Coordination: The Development Associate will assist with the planning and coordination of SBU’s 4th Annual Benefit, as well as supporting smaller fundraising events.
• Marketing & Public Relations: Associate will coordinate periodic marketing/promotional events and analyze their impact on the organization. Associate will work closely with the SBU Junior Board and the Executive Director on marketing, public relations, and community presence efforts, while playing an important role in maintain/improving SBU’s social media presence.
• Building Relationships and Donor Database: Associate will prospect for potential donors, sponsors, and supporters, cultivate relationships with existing donors, and document fundraising strategies.
• Fundraising Research: Associate will learn and implement strategies for researching potential new funders.
• Grantwriting: Associate will support grant writing efforts, including foundation outreach efforts.
• South Bronx United, 594 Grand Concourse, Suite 2, Bronx, NY 10451
• Monday – Friday, 10:00-6:00; Occasional Saturday/Sundays for weekend events
A living stipend is provided of approximately $15,000. An educational award of $5,775 that can used towards student loans or future educational expenses is provided on successful completion of the one year service term. Certain benefits are also provided. Learn more about the VISTA program at http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-vista
- Stipend Provided
How To Apply
Please email us your CV and resume