Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
4000 Albemarle Street
Nonviolence International (NI) researches and promotes nonviolent action and seeks to reduce the use of violence worldwide. We believe that every culture and religion can employ appropriate nonviolent methods for positive social change and international peace. NI is a decentralized network of resource centers that promote the use of nonviolent action. Founded by Palestinian activist Mubarak Awad in 1989, NI is a 501(c)(3) organization registered in Washington, DC, USA. NI is also a non-governmental organization in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations.
NI is looking for a part-time Office Manager and Intern Supervisor to start immediately. The ideal candidate will have at least one (1) year of administrative and supervisory experience, preferably in a non-profit environment. The ideal candidate will also have a Bachelor's Degree in non-profit management, sociology, communications, international relations, or a similar field. Fluency in English is required; additional languages are preferred, but not mandatory.
Responsibilities of the position include (but are not limited to):
- Recruiting and hiring interns for upcoming semester
- Organizing and supervising three-month internship programs
- Sorting incoming and outgoing mail and responding to office emails
- Writing detailed notes and memos on important meetings
- Replenishing office supplies
- Acting as the first point of contact for all visitors to the organization
- G Suite for Nonprofits
- Social Media, including Facebook and Twitter
- International Volunteers