Adult Literacy Teacher
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Eternal Life Organization International Ministries
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
plot 644, nsereko gregory rd
Job Summary: Conducts appropriate level of instruction for adult students in the areas of basic Education, English as a Second Language, and General Education Development (GED).
Activities are likely to include some or all of the following:
- Participates in the implementation of basic education instruction to adult students.
- Under minimum supervision, conducts instruction as specified in program curriculum guide and handbook. With the assistance of the supervisor, plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, goals and abilities of the adult student.
- Maintains a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
- Uses a variety of instructional methods, materials, and techniques.
- Meets and instructs classes as designated.
- Prepares for all classes assigned.
- Registers and orientates students.
- Determines the correct entry level of students.
- Evaluates student progress regularly.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and up-to-date records.
- Counsels with students regarding instruction and program services.
- Updates knowledge on effective teaching through attendance at workshops.
- Provides suggestions for improving program instruction and operating procedures.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers