Share your Marketing and Communications Skills with a Deserving Nonprofit
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by 501 Commons
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Pacific Tower, Suite 1101
1200 12th Avenue South
Strong marketing and communication tactics are essential to building a robust community of stakeholders. Unfortunately, many organizations lack the expertise and/or resources needed to communicate their missions strategically.
Join the Service Corps and utilize your marketing and communications skills to help nonprofits identify their target audiences, hone in on their messaging, and develop strategies for effective delivery.
The Service Corps, a program of 501 Commons, is dedicated to connecting the skills and expertise of volunteer consultants with organizations in need of planning and support. Volunteers are in an on-call “pool” of professionals whom we contact when a specific project calls for their skill set. You decide if the project and timing are of interest to you. If it’s not the right time, we place you back in the pool to await the next opportunity.
As a service corps member, you will:
· Typically contribute 10-12 hours per month on projects ranging from 2-5 months long
· Access our online training, resource library, and professional development workshops
· Learn new skills applicable to personal and professional situations
· Apply your background and expertise towards supporting the nonprofit community
All volunteers are covered under 501 Commons' Professional Liability coverage.
For more information about the Service Corps or to apply, please visit: http://www.501commons.org/engage/about-the-service-corps or contact Gillian Cook at email@example.com.
Your support is needed to help nonprofits realize their maximum potential!