A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
26420 NE Virginia St
For 45 years, Hopelink, a vibrant community action agency, has served homeless and low income families, children, seniors and people with disabilities in an 800 square mile area of north and east King County, Washington. Our vision is a community free of poverty. To that end, we provide a wide variety of human services that moves forward our mission to promote self-sufficiency for all members of our community; we help people make lasting change.
Community Van Driver volunteers will drive a community van and at least two passengers to predetermined locations. Passengers (at least two people) will request a ride to a location, that ride will then be open to the public, the driver will pick up the passengers and drive them to the specified location.
· Pick up passengers at pre-determined location and drive them to destination.
· If round trip is requested, pick up passengers at destination and drive them back to pre-determined location.
· Record volunteer hours, number of drives and other related program data. Report to supervisor in a timely manner
· Collaborate with other program volunteers and supervisors to increase effectiveness of program
· Communicates respectfully with people of all cultures, languages, ages, genders, gender preferences, races,
physical and intellectual abilities, ethnic backgrounds, and religions
· Maintains a professional and positive working relationship with clients, vendors, volunteers, donors, and fellow staff and adhere to the Hopelink Standards of Conduct
· Regular attendance and punctuality is essential to our business and to this position
· Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record
· Must attend two trainings
· Demonstrate good communication skills
· Friendly and customer service oriented
· Have the ability to safely lift at least 25 lbs
· Willing to learn new information and skills
· Respectful of confidentiality
· Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English
· Able to work with little or no supervision
· Bi-lingual skills desired
· Be at least 18 years of age
Licenses, Certificates and Other Requirements:
·Must pass Washington State Patrol background check and driver’s license check
·Must complete Hopelink’s volunteer orientation process
·Two trainings (2 hours and 45 minutes)
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Please email for more information.