Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The objective of this project is to initiate and reinforce the capacities of volunteers wishing to be trained in the field of art. They will work together with trainers, artists and local volunteers in the various activities planned. This project is also an opportunity to support local women and help them unleash their entrepreneurial spirit.
• Learning the art of Batik;
• Painting (decorative pictures, canvases);
• Calabash engraving;
• Wood carving;
• Learning traditional pottery techniques;
• Making pots, jars, plates and others;
• Helping children make small gifts for sale;
• Making traditional bead and terracotta necklaces.
The volunteers will also spend a day in a pottery village and meet other artists. At the end of the project, they will exhibit and sell their artwork. The funds collected will be used to support children, environmental and sanitation projects.
Project dates: December 20, 2018 - January 13, 2019
More info and enrollment: http://cadip.org/volunteer-in-togo
Long-term volunteering in Togo: http://cadip.org/volunteering-in-togo
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Sign up at: http://cadip.org
or give us a call:
USA: 310-882-7400; 646-657-2900; 617-841-0400
Canada: 604-628-7400; 416-943-4900; 514-316-8500