Administrative Assistant for International Organization
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Powering Potential Inc.
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
157 Columbus Ave.
Powering Potential began in 2006, when our Founder traveled to Tanzania with a safari group that visited a school. When the travelers were asked to introduce themselves, she did so in Swahili and the students broke into excited applause. She was inspired to contribute and since then, the organization has grown and now provides computers to 29 schools and is considering an expansion to other countries.
All students in developing countries experiencing the joys of technology: efficient production, easy access to information, and communication with others.
Our mission is to use technology to enhance education and stimulate imagination of students in developing countries while respecting and incorporating values of the local culture, especially cooperation over competition, community over the individual, modesty over pride, and spirituality over materiality.
We are looking for someone to support the founder in the administration process working partly from the office (co-working space) and partly from home.
Some of the tasks involve
- Scanning documents
- Organizing receipts
- General administrative duties
- Support with fundraising events
- Working with the founder on the admin responsibilities
The ideal candidate will
- Be passionate about our work and be aligned to our values
- Own a computer and be able to work from home
- Be able to work 2 hours a week, and up to 10 hours a week during the busy periods (twice a year during fundraising)
- Be highly organized and have office admin experience
- Be familiar with Libre Office
What we offer
- A flexible work environment
- The opportunity to learn and grow
- The opportunity to be part of an organization that is making a real impact and is continuing to grow internationally