SEO Specialist & Digital Marketing Manager
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Beyond the Surface International
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Beyond the Surface International facilitates surfing, storytelling, and mindfulness workshops in remote or marginlized small-scale fishing communities under unprecedented pressure from resource scarcities due to changing climate, collapsing ocean, and shifts in landscapes.
We are looking for a creative and stoked individual to join our team!
The SEO Specialist & Digital Marketing Manager position is ideal for someone who is passionate about the ocean, conservation, fisheries, marine wildlife, innovative climate change adaption and resilience strategies, surfing for social good, youth engagement, the participatory media arts and knows a thing or two about Google Analytics and making outreach happen online.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Implement and monitor SEO on our web platforms: Beyond the Surface and our storytelling workshop series, Coast 2 Coast.
- Compose, compile, and lead the production of a quarterly newsletter with updates, workshops highlighted, and opportunities to donate.
- Track Google Analytics results to identify patterns and provide insights into what's working and what needs to be updated or developed further.
- Research, design, and execute digital campaigns to promote Beyond the Surface's workshops, especially our Coast 2 Coast storytelling workshop series to increase interest among prospective donors, community-based partners, international collaborators, and the general public, including utilization of Google AdWords.
- Surf the web for organizations involved in similar projects to for opportunities to collaborate or to better understand where we stand out / how we are different.
- Facilitate a monthly meeting for our team to synchronize ourselves and understand your independent research and findings for greater efficiency and communication strategies.
- Work closely with our Video Content Manager to develop ideas for new videos.
An ideal candidate would have a demonstrated familiarity with Wix platforms is ideal.
It's a plus if you are currently enrolled in university or you've graduated with a university degree. We require fluency in English with excellent writing skills and it's an added bonus if you can speak another language... particularly, Spanish! Experience in performing keyword research and competition analysis is necessary.
This position requires someone who can work independently and is self-motivated. We require that you work on your own computer from home or remotely.
We provide all information and training via Zoom (similar to Skype) and are available by email or phone to provide further support if needed throughout the volunteer opportunity.
This is an epic opportunity for someone who is interested in digital marketing, web management, journalism, community-based conservation efforts, ocean literacy, or gaining experience in the area of international social work... and boost their CV / resume!
The ideal candidate can commit to 8-10 hours of work per week.
The volunteer opportunity is a non-salaried position. We are unable to provide a stipend or financial assistance (we sincerely wish we could). However - the good news - we are able to provide you either write you a stellar letter of recommendation or be a professional reference (considering your demonstrated commitment and performance).
- Training Provided
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please send us an email and outline why you'd like this position, why you think you'd be a good fit based on your passions and past experiences, and what your favorite fruit is and why.
Please include your CV / resume as an attachment to the email.
We look forward to hearing from you!