Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Do you have a passion for missions and getting others involved in Kingdom work? Do you enjoy working with multiple age groups in God’s outdoor creation? Become a part of impacting lives!
As a CrossVenture team member, create, and lead programs that engage teens and adults in purposeful, well-planned activities as they grow spiritually and discover opportunities to serve.
You’ll guide attendees as they live in primitive conditions in our woods, as they experience how aircraft, boats, and media are used to support Bible translation. It’s fun, engaging, and memorable.
- For a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in the US
1. Assist in the development and implementation of new multi-generational programs
2. Help develop CrossVenture program outlines and marketing plans
3. Assist with program messaging, promotion, and growth
4. Staff the program and food teams
5. Lead groups through programs
Education and Experience Desired
- High school graduate
- Two years cross-cultural experience and two years student ministry experience preferred
- Program development and marketing experience helpful
- Excellent written, oral, and visual communication skills, including individual and group presentations, in person, and by phone
- Outgoing and collaborative personality
- Well-developed balance of goal orientation and sensitivity to people
- Self-directed, problem solving, high ownership mentality
- Creative, flexible, and proactive approach to planning and implementation
- Microsoft Office proficiency (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
JAARS is a 501(c) (3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mailroom, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
How To Apply
- Proof of health insurance
- Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
- Ages 14–17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
- Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call Housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020