Alzheimer's Association Speakers Bureau Member
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Alzheimer's Association - Desert Southwest Chapter
Times of day
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Alzheimer's Association Office
5190 South Valley View Boulevard
As a volunteer educator and a member of the Alzheimer's Association Speaker's Bureau, this role actively engages the community in knowing about the warning signs of Alzheimer's, educates on Healthy Living, teaches communication skills for families and loved ones caring for a dementia diagnosed individual, and much more!
We provide all tools and training materials for you to be confident in your ability to pass along this information to your audience. Education workshops can be hosted throughout the Southern Nevada region as well as in rural areas like Mesquite, Laughlin, and Pahrump.
Primary Skills Requested:
- Enjoy working with the community at large
- Enjoy public speaking
- Know how to use Powerpoint and AV equipment (laptop, projector, speakers, flash drive, etc.)
- Passion for educating and raising awareness about Alzheimer's Disease
- Commitment to volunteer opportunity
- Bilingual a PLUS
Our next training will take place on October 11th from 9:30 am until 4:00 pm.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Complete the Volunteer Application, and we will be in contact with you shortly.