A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Provincia de Panamá
Who We Are and What We Do:
The H2H2H Foundation (www.h2h2h.org) is a nonprofit organization promoting the delivery of quality, “mobility management” services to transportation consumers. “Mobility” is about how people move from one place to another (walk, bike, car, bus, train, plane, etc.). We advocate for best practices in sustainable transportation to managers of those services. We also champion quality customer service in transportation.
We offer news, research, and opinion on a variety of transportation management-related topics in both English and Spanish. Our mission is to promote excellence in the administration of parking facilities, transportation demand networks, automated traffic control operations and alternative transportation modes, such as car sharing and biking programs.
About This Position:
We are in search for the perfect candidate to coordinate our social media outreach on LinkedIn. We are in the process of forming a new LinkedIn group of Spanish-speaking, mobility management professionals. The purpose of the group is to share news, information and expertise about mobility management. The Coordinator will assist English-speaking H2H2H staff in moderating the group.
Group members may pose questions and seek technical assistance, in Spanish. English-speaking H2H2H staff will also be monitoring the group and will assist in formulating a response for translation into Spanish by the Coordinator.
This is a volunteer position with an expected time commitment of approximately 20-30 minutes per day, 4-5 days per week. As the requirements of the position evolve or website traffic dictates, this position may be upgraded in the future to a paid, part-time position. Successful candidate may telecommute. Position reports to the CEO or designated editor.
This position is ideal for a student or retiree, but also may benefit a career-oriented candidate seeking to gain real-world work experience as a media manager.
- Bilingual fluency (Spanish/English)
- Expertise in social media platforms, particularly LinkedIn
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledgeable in basics of word processing software (e.g., MS Word or OO Writer)
- Access to Internet
- Previous experience as a social media coordinator
- Translate from English into Spanish approximately 2-3 posts per week of about 600 words each
- Facilitate online conversations with group members and respond to their queries
- Consult with H2H2H English-speaking staff when a group member needs help with a technical problem in mobility management
- Translate replies from H2H2H staff into Spanish for the group
- Suggest innovative ways to improve the group experience (e.g., promotions, competitions, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- No travel required; opportunities for travel possible at your option
- Pre-approved, documented expenses are reimbursed