Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
13 Emerson St
Indigo International is dedicated to bringing holistic health treatment and education across the globe. We offer treatment through affordable holistic health clinics, accredited training and operate several social enterprises that sell holistic health products. We are dedicated to honoring and serving all people through our philosophy of radical inclusion. We welcome adults, teens and children of all races, religions and ages into our community. We believe that holistic health treatment and education should be available to everyone regardless of geographic location or income.
We are seeking a leader who can bring a variety of talents, experiences and expertise to help advance our mission. As Library Director, you will help to provide organizational support through taking an active role in administrative work and management of a private non-profit holistic health school library collection and for the provision of library services to students, patrons and community organizations. Duties include policy recommendation, departmental planning, and direction and administration of online library activities. Thorough knowledge, skill and ability in library sciences preferred and only humans that feel at home online navigating between different digital platforms. Adaptive technology skills required.
We are currently seeking a Library Director who can serve a one year term and commit to 10 hours a week of service.
LIBRARY DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drafts and recommends policy to the Board of Directors and plans for the implementation of library goals and objectives.
- Manages volunteer team that provides student services and public information.
- Directs the development and maintenance of a library collection of articles, books, periodicals and a variety of other library materials.
- Planning and running meetings, preparing reports with and for library volunteers.
- Works with other libraries and organizations in the development of library programs and coordination of interlibrary program.
- Directs the training of library volunteers in technical and administrative library skills.
- Represents the library on Board of Directors and serves as the library’s authority on library issues. Attends monthly meetings.
- Plans and organizes the activities, programs, and services of the Library according to perceived needs of the community.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of public library functions.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of public administration as applied to a public library.
- Thorough ability to administer the activities of a public library and to supervise the work of others.
- Committed to excellence.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to organize work for efficient use of time.
- Ability to understand and interpret library policies, procedures, and rules.
- Ability to keep records accurately.
- Ability to plan, organize, supervise, and evaluate the work of volunteers in library activities.
- Ability to initiate, organize, and follow through on programs, services, and projects.
Indigo International's Volunteer Directors are provided with free holistic health insurance that includes free monthly treatments and discounts on holistic health products after 90 days of service. All Volunteer Directors are also provided with a Full Scholarship for four courses annually at Pleiadian Institute.
Please note, this opportunity is open to international applicants, we are headquartered in Massachusetts, but we are interested in applicants from anywhere in North America, Europe, Japan, Australia, United Kingdom, Ireland, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, India & South America. We are also open to applicants from other countries, if you are interested in helping us, please send us your info, we are always looking to connect with people in new places in the world!
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter as attachments in .doc, .docx or .pdf format. Include a statement explaining what drew you to your organization and how you feel you can personally be an asset to us as a Library Director.