A few hours per week
New York, NY
Description: We’re looking for an experienced developer to lead UPchieve’s technology team in developing state-of-the-art web and mobile applications. This is an exciting opportunity to develop project management and leadership experience in the setting of a small but ambitious nonprofit start up. Your ability to manage a team of web and mobile developers and support them in solving the challenging technical problems they encounter will ultimately enable us to help thousands of students achieve their dreams of higher education.
- Lead the Technology team in developing the software that volunteers and students will use to collaborate together
- Provide developers with guidance in solving a wide range of technical challenges that they might they encounter
- Ensure that the UPchieve code base is high quality, clean, and free of bugs
- Regularly test and improve our web and mobile apps
- At least 3 years of development experience
- Experience with web or mobile application development
- Willingness to learn new programming languages and technologies and conduct research as necessary to solve technical challenges as they arise
- (Bonus) Experience with the languages and technologies that UPchieve currently uses, such as JS, Vue.js, etc.