Director of Development - Volunteer Board of Directors
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Metro DC PFLAG
Times of day
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
District of Columbia
Metro DC PFLAG is seeking a passionate, mission driven individual who wishes to share their time, talent, and expertise in fundraising and donor development to ensure Metro DC PFLAG continues to have the resources to deliver on our mission at the highest level. This individual will serve as a member of the Board of Directors in a volunteer capacity.
- Oversee and develop an annual fundraising strategy in conjunction with the Board President & Vice-Chair of Finance and Operations to ensure annual revenue goals are achieved.
- Manage gift acknowledgements, pledge reminders and processing within one week of notice.
- Generate monthly development and accounting reports in coordination with Vice-Chair of Finance and Operations.
- Lead grant proposal writing and submission, biannual mail appeals, online campaigns, and other fundraising/development opportunities.
- Recruit, coordinate and manage special event volunteers with assistance from the Board.
- Follow up on events and maintain current records for events.
- Send thank you letters to donors and maintain communication with engagement opportunities.
- Successfully steward donors/members/community to continue enhancing fundraising targets.
- Send year-end donation letters confirming contributions to organization throughout the year.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to conduct research as necessary to prepare and achieve fundraising strategy and outcomes to support of Metro DC PFLAG’s mission.
- Strong writing and public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of grant opportunities and positioning to maximize Metro DC PFLAG access.
- Previous or current experience fundraising in the nonprofit sector.
Metro DC PFLAG promotes the health and wellbeing of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons, their families and friends through: support, to cope with an adverse society; education, to enlighten an ill-informed public; and advocacy, to end discrimination and to secure equal civil rights. Metro DC PFLAG provides opportunity for dialogue about sexual orientation and gender identity, and acts to create a society that is healthy and respectful of human diversity.
PFLAG is a national non-profit organization with over 200,000 members and supporters and over 400 affiliates in the United States. This vast grassroots network is cultivated, resourced and serviced by the PFLAG National office, located in Washington, D.C., the national Board of Directors and 13 Regional Directors.
How To Apply
If interested in this mission driven volunteer board position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please utilize subject line of Director of Development.