Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
African Entrepreneur Collective is a network of business accelerators and loan funds that help entrepreneurs in Africa create jobs for those in their communities. AEC’s local offices in Rwanda, Kenya, and Uganda provide consulting, training, technology tools, and loans, so that entrepreneurs can grow their businesses and create jobs for others. We work with both small & medium enterprises, as well as refugee entrepreneurs who are developing microbusinesses.
About the Position
AEC seeks a skilled IT Systems Admin who can administer our core ERP system, ODOO, which we use to manage all company accounting, CRM, HR, sales/contracts, loan monitoring, and more.
Additionally, this roll will manage all IT maintenance and support activities to enable the effective delivery of the core business operations of Inkomoko’s 60-person company -- oversight of Inkomoko’s technology equipment, network maintenance and technical support. The role also oversees information systems including updates, training and usage.
Specific responsibilities include:
ERP Management (60% time)
· Administrator of Odoo platform (user accounts, permissions, backups, etc.).
· Run reports, ensure data accuracy, and ensure back-ups and AWS protections
· Configuration of Odoo systems as needed
· Train new staff on use of Odoo, and provide support to staff for reports, usage
· Trouble shoot Odoo problems for all users, particularly for high-value users like Finance team, CEO/COO, and Managing Director.
Network Administration (20% time)
· Provide tech support to staff with the highest level of customer service, speed, and accuracy
· Manage internet and office ICT to meet budget and business needs for offices across East Africa.
· Monitor the network on a daily basis; solve network problems as they arise, escalating problems or potential problems to the appropriate parties, if necessary.
· Maintain the network configuration map and documentation of issues and solutions.
· Enforce Inkomoko ICT policy/usage standards with HR Manager (i.e. personal downloads, etc.), and develop new ones as needed.
· Manage access, and train staff on use of Odoo, G-Suite, calendars, and other business technology tools.
· Manage software and virus protection to protect systems and data, keeping systems virus-free.
· Work on other projects as assigned that improve network performance.
Equipment Management (20% time)
· Purchase and manage company/employee laptops, software, printers, Kindles, projectors, and all other technical assets within budget.
· Keep accurate records of inventory and maintenance of all devices and ensure they are in good working order.
· Work closely with the finance team to ensure accurate inventory and repair records.
· Ensure physical security of all Inkomoko tech assets (laptops, Kindles, projectors, etc.)
· Management of all repairs of staff laptops including use of a system to track the repair of all computers, including timeline for repair.
Education: BA in IT or similar filed
Language: English fluency in written and oral communication; French, Swahili, and/or Kinyarwanda a plus.
· Extensive experience with ERP, including Odoo, is required
· Two (2) or more years of work experience in ICT with experience in general IT infrastructures deployment and maintenance and administration, or has been a previous database administrator
· Governance, Strategy, and Architecture - Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system administration to support users in the systems Inkomoko uses.
· Technical Expertise - Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.
· Staff Support – Must exhibits a detailed understanding of staff IT requests in order to effectively address and manage their needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions
· Procurement & Contract Management – Must be able to conduct a cost-benefit analysis of alternative technologies and vendor service level agreements to consolidate options and assess suitability.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
· Experience living and working in Rwanda, contributing to economic development across the region
· Challenging work and the opportunity to grow and develop your skills in a collaborative, non-traditional environment that requires being pro-active and results-driven.
· Monthly stipend, housing accommodation in AEC company house.
To apply, visit AEC’s ODOO portal here for full application details
Include your name and “IT & ERP Systems Admin” in the email subject line.
Deadline of application: 15 October
- Stipend Provided
- Housing Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should apply by October 15th, 2018. Fellowship start and end dates are flexible, African Entrepreneur Collective (AEC) requires a one-year commitment. AEC is a group of fun, hardworking employees from all over the world. This opportunity is based at our international headquarters in Kigali, Rwanda.