Want to raise awareness about issues that impact the LA Latino community? Become a volunteer!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Alliance for a Better Community (ABC)
Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The Alliance for a Better Community (ABC) is a public policy and advocacy organization operating within an ever changing dynamic that promotes the economic prosperity of the Latino community and the Los Angeles region, inclusive of an improved quality of life for Latinos in education, health, and civic participation. ABC seeks to create a vibrant Los Angeles where Latinos fully participate in, contribute to, and benefit from a prosperous community where families enjoy full access to high-quality schools, quality healthcare, and meaningful civic participation.
ABC is currently seeking volunteers that would further support our education, health, and civic engagement campaigns. Volunteers will gain administrative experience and work with staff on the day to day operations.
- Input and maintain databases and files, including calendars, parent attendance, and other information
- Support staff with logistics with events
- Assist with community outreach
- Conduct follow-up calls for Parent Action Network and Parent Advocate Training Program
- Assist in creating videos for web development
- Research and help identify new donors for programs and events
- Assist with volunteer coordination and assignments
- Perform general administrative tasks (answering phones, photocopying, faxing etc.)
- Strong communication skills (listening, comprehension, verbal and written expression)
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team with minimal supervision while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude
- Experience in video creating/editing and Photoshop a PLUS
- Preference for bilingual candidates (Spanish and English)
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Volunteers are free to work as many hours as they would like
- Minimal training
How To Apply
Sign up by contacting Carla Lopez, email@example.com or 213-201-1120.