A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
2610 University Ave W, Ste. 450
Prepare + Prosper and its volunteers work with low- to moderate-income people to build financial well-being through free tax preparation and financial services, products, and coaching, and by changing systems to create economic opportunity. In 2017, 532 volunteers prepared taxes for 12,648 people who received $24.7 million in refunds, and 984 people saved $1.54 million of their refunds.
What will I be doing as an INTAKE SPECIALIST?
The intake specialist provides customer support and service for customers receiving services from P+P. Working closely with the Intake Manager, the Intake Specialist keeps the multi-step process smooth running. The Intake Specialist plays an integral role to ensure a positive experience for P+P customers. Tax knowledge not required!
Role and responsibilities:
· Initiate the customer sign-in process, ensuring that customers meet the basic eligibility requirements for tax services
· Answer customer questions and act as a navigator through the multi-step process
· Assist in the overall operation and flow of the tax clinic
· Go over completed tax return with customers and secure necessary signatures
· Provide the initial and final "P+P friendly face" for customers
· Passion for connecting with people
· Strong leadership skills and ability to work independently
· Ability to relay information in a clear and direct manner
· Ability to multi task in a sometimes chaotic environment
· Enjoy working in a diverse ethnic and socio-economic environment
· No previous tax experience is necessary
Timeline and Commitment:
1. November or December 2018: Attend one info session
2. December - January: Complete 8 hours of training
3. January 26 – April 15, 2019: Volunteer one, four hour shift per week and impact the lives of your community!
P+P operates 8 tax sites across the Twin Cities metro area, with locations in Minneapolis, St. Paul, Bloomington and Hopkins. Volunteers select a tax site that is convenient to work, home, or school. Our main office is in St. Paul off of University Avenue near the intersection University Avenue West & Highway 280.
INTERESTED? Sign up for an info session here:
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Interested? Join us for an info session to learn more! Sign up at https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=1111754443