Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Are you a person who thrives on planning, coordinating, and carrying out events? Are you able to gather and bring together teams to accomplish tasks? To you have a flair for decorating?
You will be the logistical person coordinating all the basics of preparing rooms for events, from staff meetings to open houses to memorials. A key person to represent JAARS and our core value of pursuing excellence.
Coordinates all aspects of special events and meetings including food, location, room setup, decorations, supplies, and invoicing.
- For a part time volunteer or staff who raise their support
- Able to work in the US
- Schedule event and meeting room and place on event calendar
- Ensure event and meeting spaces are clean, functional, and prepared for users
- Work with event requester to identify room and equipment requirements
- Plan and process food requests for meals and breaks with Food Services and users
- Coordinate and plan with Housing, Food Services, Safety and Security, Audio/Visual, and Facilities to ensure event success
- Maintain a God-honoring reputation of JAARS with users
- Supervise setup and cleanup team
- Process payments and interdepartmental expenses
- Develop and manage events coordinator’s budge
- Manage decorations, equipment, and supplies
- Maintain kitchenette and its supplies
- Enforce facility use policy
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Two or more years of expertise in managing events and/or conferences preferred, or experience and/or education that provides the needed skills and gifting
- Competent computer user with office suite software, and cloud services (e.g., Google Apps)
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Excellent public relations and strong writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work with a variety of departments and individuals
- Enjoys working with people and in a team environment
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Capable of managing multiple responsibilities with the goal of completing tasks
- A self-starter, flexible, and able to work independently
JAARS is a 501(c) (3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mailroom, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
How To Apply
- Proof of health insurance
- Be self-supported, or receive funds through another organization
- Ages 14–17 may serve if accompanied by a responsible adult
- Agreement with our Statement of Faith
A variety of short-term to one-year, on-campus, fully-furnished housing units are available for volunteers who serve a minimum of 40 hours per week per couple, or 20 hours per week per single. Units include phones, WiFi, kitchens, bedding, and towels. An RV park with hookups is also available. Call Housing for pricing and to make reservations. 704.843.6020