Passatge Madoz, 6
Want to make your dissertation stand out and make yourself more employable? Conduct your primary/secondary research with an education based charity in West Africa or South Asia!
STREET CHILD is seeking applications from motivated individuals hoping to gain valuable experience in the development sector by undertaking a volunteer role in Sierra Leone, Liberia, Nepal or Sri Lanka.
As part of the role, we are offering a unique opportunity to students looking to explore the scope of their own dissertation projects. Use bespoke methodologies to conduct research on the ground for your dissertation, in collaboration with local partner organisations. In addition to this you will also have exclusive access to previous research by Street Child.
Some of the areas we work in include:
- Street children
- Livelihood/ family business support
- Education in emergency (Nepal earthquake, Ebola in West Africa)
- Girls’ education in marginalised communities
- Education for children with disabilities
- Teaching and learning
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Studying towards a research degree in a relevant field
- Professional and diligent in presentation with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Independent and capable of proactive work plan management with minimal support
- Flexible and adaptable
- Respectful of cultural differences and mindful of the position of a researcher
- Keen interest in understanding and contributing to the development sector
This is a wonderful opportunity to gain CV enhancing skills while undertaking valuable research for your dissertation and making a real contribution to development work.
Accommodation will be provided by Street Child at a fixed cost, and could require sharing rooms with another volunteer of any gender. A detailed breakdown of costs and expenses will be provided for those applicants selected for interview. Flights are at the applicant’s own expense.
A fundraising commitment is required of the successful applicant for which support will be provided by Street Child UK.
- Housing Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
If you are interested, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your experience, research interest and availability.