The Business Development Associate will work remotely alongside with talented peers on a rewarding non-profit cause that makes a difference in the rare disease communities.
The Business Development Associate will support the International Team with development initiatives by participating in international strategy development, outreach, market research, and material development (i.e. pitch decks).
Reporting to the International team, the Business Development Associate will spearhead development efforts alongside the RG International Director and will have the opportunity to build the business development and operations team.
- Perform market research on international rare disease markets.
- Create and implement lead generation strategies and campaigns working towards achieving team’s KPIs.
- Research and identify a list of prospective partners that align with Rare Genomics International’s mission.
- Conduct ongoing email outreach to secure international partnership opportunities.
- Participate in business development activities, identifying the appropriate contacts within the corporation to contact and securing a meeting to present partnership opportunities.
- Present RG's vision to international organizations and funders.
- Be available to conduct meetings or calls during off business hours to accommodate international time zones.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in life-sciences or business related field preferred.
- Experience working in a sales or marketing environment required.
- Experience in lead generation campaigns preferred.
- Developing market entry strategies for emerging global markets preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 2-5 hour commitment each week (required).
- Work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, self-starter environment.
Nice to Have:
- Foreign language fluency is a plus.
- Experience in utilizing communication platforms such as Skype, WeChat and WhatsApp.
- Knowledge of corporate businesses and potential partners.
- Sensitivity to working with culturally diverse constituents.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and go above and beyond. Ideally experienced with a lean organization.