Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Atomic Junction Roundabout
Greater Accra Region
Strong Roots Ghana Health and Wellness Center is a non-profit organization driven by the need to improve population health in Africa. At Strong Roots Ghana we focus on providing equitable access to quality primary care services in order to address the immediate health needs of rural communities. Healthcare priorities in our Volta Region community include: unsafe labor & deliveries, infectious diseases, spinal injuries, chronic diseases (diabetes, hypertension, depression) and poor environmental management, such as limited access to safe drinking water. To assist us in our efforts, we are seeking to recruit a Development Intern to support the capacity building efforts of our community clinic.
Communications and Social Media:
- Spearhead creating and posting engaging content for our social media platforms.
- Assist with various communications, including media projects and reports.
- Creating and sending press kits upon request to potential donors.
- Complie data on potential grants, donors and sponsors to sustain the work of our health program.
- Work closely with executive director and the international advisory board to support their data/research needs.
- Create a database of healthcare grants and international aid organizations that support healthcare projects.
- Assist with fundraising projects as assigned.(15%)
- Grantwriting. (15%)
- Attend weekly team meetings. (10%)
- Cultivate relationship with potential funders (20%)
- Maintain social media /online fundraising campaign. (40%)
- Strong attention to detail
- Interest in international development and public health preferred.
- Experience and comfort working independently.
- Quick problem solving skills and flexibility.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills.
- Experience with various social media platforms.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Grantwriting experience preferred.
- Ability to work 10-15 hours/week.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please apply with your resume and cover letter to:
The internship runs from January 1, 2019 - June 30, 2019.