Visitor Coordinator, Holy Family Surgery Center


Published:

12/19/2017

Start Date

07/01/2018

End Date

08/01/2019

Time Commitment

Full time (30+ hrs/wk)

Duration

Long-Term (6 months-1 year)

Address

Tegucigalpa
Francisco Morazan
Honduras

Description

Mission

Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos, inspired by Christian values, nurtures orphaned and vulnerable children in a loving, stable, secure family environment. We keep brothers and sisters together and provide a quality education, healthcare, and spiritual formation. We model our values through serving the communities in which we live.


Vision

A world without poverty where all children develop their unique potential, becoming productive members of society serving their community.


Overview

The Holy Family Surgery Center (HFSC) is an ambulatory surgical center under the One World Surgery umbrella (www.oneworldsurgery.org) located on the grounds of NPH Honduras. The surgery center has a full-time Honduran staff that performs surgeries year round. Teams of approximately 60 people from the US also routinely visit the surgery center for week-long medical missions. During medical missions, clinical and nonclinical participants come together to perform over 60 life-changing surgeries for Hondurans who would otherwise go without treatment.


The Visitor Coordinator forms part of the One World Surgery hospitality team. He/she works with the Hospitality Manager and the U.S.-based Medical Missions Coordinator to organize all medical missions and other visits to the Holy Family Surgery center. The Visitor Coordinator supports the Medical Missions Coordinator with pre-arrival tasks, serves as a liaison between HFSC and NPH, provides on-site coordination, and manages nonclinical volunteers on the mission.

 

Note: The Visitor Coordinator will spend approximately 75% of his/her time on visit coordination duties. The other 25% will be spent completing special projects in the surgery center and assisting in the surgery center during medical missions.

 

The typical work hours are from 7:30 am – 4:00 pm, but evening hours will be required during medical missions.

 

Supervisor and Department

Supervisors: Medical Missions Coordinator and Holy Family Surgery Center Administrative Director

Department: Holy Family Surgery Center


Key Responsibilities

Medical mission preparations

·        Coordinate overall medical mission week schedule

·        Schedule transportation for airport pick-ups and drop-offs

·        Reserve rentals of escort vehicle and coordinate logistics with NPH security department

·        Coordinate lunch with ranch kitchen

·        Coordinate activities with NPH children, including godchildren at dinners

·        Schedule evening speakers

·        Plan special projects for general volunteers

·        Register volunteers with embassy and enroll volunteers in travel insurance

·        Prepare first draft of housing assignments

·        Provide Hospitality Manager with numbers and allergy information for meals and final version of housing assignments

On-site coordination

·        Airport pick up

·        Conduct tours of ranch

·        Coordinate and lead Sunday and Wednesday (half day) activities

·        Conduct general volunteer orientation during surgery center orientation

·        Manage general volunteers

·        Resolve any issues with ranch departments

Surgery Center

  • Complete special projects in the surgery center (i.e. inventory, wait list management, data analysis)
  • Act as interpreter or translator, as required (on the ranch and in the surgery center)

 

Knowledge, skills, experience and abilities

·        Must speak fluent English and have conversational Spanish language skills

·        Experience in hospitality or customer service

·        Superior attention to detail

·        Friendly and welcoming

·        Ability to work collaboratively in a team, but can also take initiative and work independently

·        Flexibility and creativity

·        Organizational, time-management, and problem solving skills

·        Interest in healthcare is a plus


More information on the NPH volunteer program can be found at https://www.nph.org/ws/volunteers/index.php

Benefits

Stipend Provided

Housing Available

Language/Cultural Support Available

How To Apply

https://www.nph.org/ws/volunteers/application.php

Applicants must apply through NPH.


Share:

Share: