Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Passerelles numériques (PN), a non-profit organization, is dedicated to enabling highly disadvantaged youths, through their abilities and their commitment, to access education and technical and vocational training, in the sector of Information Technology. We work to build strong employability which will allow them and their families to sustainably escape poverty, and contribute to the social and economic development of their countries.
Established in Cambodia, the Philippines and Vietnam, Passerelles numériques currently trains 342 students and employs 98 people based in these three countries including a small team in France.
Passerelles numériques relies on the financial and skills sponsorship of several corporate partners such as Accenture, Econocom, CA Technologies, Microsoft and Société Générale and also receives support from individual donors.
In the Philippines, Passerelles numériques started its mission in 2009, with a training center based in Cebu, in the central region of the Visayas. PN Philippines offers a two years and a half vocational training program for young people in precarious situations.
CONTEXT AND MISSION
Building bridges and relations with external partners, and companies in particular, is in Passerelles numériques DNA.
PN was founded with the support of partner companies and foundations, and today it continues to develop its relations with existing partners as well as expanding its network and building new relationships.
Relations with partners can be at various levels. They include cash support of our program, offering On the Job Training (OJT) or jobs to PN students or graduates, participating in the development of our curriculum, offering company visits, providing pro bono or volunteering missions supporting our action, in kind donations, and more!
PN Philippines was established in Cebu City, Philippines in 2009 and has all the necessary accreditations for fundraising.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In order to promote PN and its students, expand its business network, and support its fundraising strategy in the Philippines, we are looking for an External Relations Officer, based in Manila. With an annual budget of 25 million pesos, it is a crucial position for the sustainability and visibility of the program.
Reporting to External Relations Manager, the External Relations Officer will be assigned to:
- Support the External Relations Department of Passerelles numériques Philippines Foundation, Inc.
- Develop networking and attend fundraising activities in Metro Manila under the guidance of External Relations Manager.
- Work in the framework of fundraising strategy provided by the External Relations Manager
Then, s/he will be responsible to drive the following actions:
Fundraising and external relations support to PN Philippines in Manila
• Develop a business network with local companies, foundations, embassies and foreign cooperation.
Attend networking event related to education, vocational training, IT, non profit sector, or any other relevant to provide visibility to PN project in Manila or expand the network of partners.
• In collaboration with Fundraising & Communication Officer, organize events and actions and elaborate communication tools to promote PN Phils. and extend its visibility with targeted companies, foundations and organizations.
• Maintain the existing partners and create new partnerships: package’s negotiation for funds and/or IT equipment and/or student’s job placement or internship.
Contribute to proposal drafting when the contact was initiated in Manila. Support in following-up on grants or proposals with stakeholders in Manila.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 4 years college graduate, preferably in Business Administration, Communication & Public Relations, International Studies or any other related degree
- At least 1 year professional experience in fundraising, marketing, sales, business development, Public Relations, or any related experience
- Has strong interpersonal skills
- Has a good professionalism in dealing with partners or prospect partners
- Excellent English written and speaking skills
- Very good organizational skills
- Demonstrable ability to plan and prioritize own workload with minimum supervision
- Resourceful and positive thinker, willing to push outside comfort zone
- Rigorous and autonomous
- Preferably knowledgeable about Metro Manila and with contacts within the city
- Preferably lives in Metro Manila
- Has a high interest and motivation to be part of an NGO
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Dedicated and Committed to the task given
STATUS AND CONDITIONS
- Volunteer unpaid position on a part-time/full-time basis for at least 1 year
- Willing to be working with flexible schedule
- Willing to be working from home, with high mobility within Metro Manila
- Has internet access at home and on his or her mobile to set meeting and do online research
- Will receive reimbursement on communication and transportation
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter in English :
Attention to Marice Jade Chua. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job code: External Relations Intern
● Please read carefully the job posting before applying
● Visit our website http://ph.passerellesnumeriques.org