A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Are you a certified 200-hour yoga instructor or completing your certification now? Believe in giving back to your community and getting young people excited about yoga? Join SYP's mission to empower at-risk youth and to spread mindfulness techniques in the DC area! Please see our website for more information: www.shaktiyouthproject.org. 4 month minimum commitment required, 1x/week.
Current openings: Tuesdays or Thursdays 4-6pm or 6pm-7pm starting May 1st, 2018 in Arlington. Metro accessible location.
Please send a quick bio, including your yoga experience and experience working with teenagers.
How To Apply
Please answer the following questions in an email to the Executive Director:
- Why does the mission of SYP speak to you?
- Can you agree with the SYP values statement? How will you, as a volunteer, uphold these valuesP?
- What skills or experience do you bring with you to contribute at SYP?
- Are you ready to commit to volunteering for at least 6 months?
- How much time do you have available to commit to SYP per week and on which days/times? When can you start?
- Is there anything else you would like to share about your personal experience, your motivation to volunteer, or your visit for SYP programs?
- Are you willing to provide a clear background check to SYP or have you undergone a background check in the last 2 years?