Volunteer Position: Young Peacebuilders Research & Development (R&D) Specialist
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Young Peacebuilders
Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
What Young Peacebuilders (YP) Does
Young Peacebuilders nurtures peacebuilding passion and skills in violence-affected children and youth. We do this through partnerships, research, projects, and tools that help young people build peace in their own communities and abroad. Our goal is to see a major shift in the dominant method of addressing contemporary conflicts toward investing in young people as peacebuilders.
Responsibilities vary depending upon duration of one’s commitment, number of hours committed, interests, skills, and experience. We ensure responsibilities increase along with one’s skill level.
- Design of Youth Peacebuilders Club (YPC) Training Toolkit.
- Develop learning tools for YCP members and support staff including training manuals, handbooks, and instructional videos.
- Stay up to date on educational practices and peacebuilding initiatives at global level.
- Produce research reports on child and youth peace clubs.
- Identify best child/youth peace club practices through literature and case study reviews.
- Use research to provide general needs assessment report.
- Identify gaps in current practices/Identify shifts in program models
- Assist with review and editing of YP research and evaluation reports.
- Examine research quality, tone, writing style, and clarity.
- Assist in updating policy and procedures in line with curricular and programmatic needs.
- Master’s degree in International Development with focus on Education and/or Peacebuilding or equivalent experience.
- At least two (2) years of related professional experience. Developing country field experience is desired.
- Excellent knowledge of English including strong and demonstrated communications, presentation and analytical skills and excellent drafting skills.
- Experience and knowledge in research with focus on youth, peacebuilding, child protection and education in humanitarian or development contexts.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with minimum supervision.
- Experience in training material/toolkits development.
- Desired proficiency in French.