A few hours per month
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
St. Anthony Foundation
150 Golden Gate Avenue
The Tech Lab is the Tenderloin’s only free technology center specializing in bridging the digital divide and looking for technology solutions for issues of poverty. The Tech Lab provides direct services to over 100 homeless and low-income individuals through classes in basic and intermediate computer skills, specialty workshops, one-on-one tutoring, and drop-in access.
The Tech Lab Tutor Volunteer will work one-on-one with guests to answer technical questions and help overcome computer-related anxiety. Tutors assist guests with a wide range of computer-related instruction such as Internet research, email set-up, resume and profile editing, and troubleshooting basic computer issues. This volunteer is expected to protect the confidentiality of the personal information shared as part of one-on-one tutoring.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, email, internet research) strongly preferred.
- Strong social media skills (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Bi-lingual preferred (English/Spanish), but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including problem resolution, conflict management, and customer service.
- Desire and/or experience engaging with diverse and low-income populations, many of whom have experienced homelessness, substance abuse, and/or trauma.
- Ability to volunteer with minimal supervision and in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Saturdays: 10 AM – 12 PM & 12:30 – 2:30 PM
- Sundays: 12 – 2 PM
Commitment: 3 month minimum. Weekly shift preferred but, not required!
Location:150 Golden Gate Avenue, 3rd floor
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
If you are over 16 years of age, fill out a volunteer application on our website!
We will contact you after we review your application. This position will require a brief interview.