Communications and Marketing Coordinator
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Latin American Foundation for the Future
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
The communications component of LAFFs work aims to provide and facilitate relevant and timely information for LAFFs communication and fundraising activities; maintaining and improving LAFFs international and local visibility through innovative strategies; and raise awareness about various socioeconomic problems, in particular those affecting children and young people in Peru. The communication strategy consists of producing and disseminating information, blogs, newsletters and posts through LAFFs website, social networks and/or other relevant channels.
- Plan, develop and administer LAFFs communications
- Prepare and/or update a communications strategy identifying objectives, messages, audiences, and products.
- Produce and disseminate public information and high quality print and electronic communications regarding LAFFs activities.
- Provide quality control on all print and electronic public information materials – including social media platforms, the website, videos, blogs, organisational brochures and information packets, briefing books, etc.
- Promote a better understanding and awareness of socioeconomic realities and LAFFs programmes.
- Ensure that communication practices reflect LAFFs priorities, mission and vision.
- Network and forge links with other stakeholders and organisations (including local government, donors, companies, universities and other supporters) to ensure continued support for existing and new initiatives.
- Undergraduate Degree (or currently enrolled) in communications, languages, international relations or related field.
- Volunteering and/or work experience (including communications, PR, field and/or international development experience) highly desirable.
- Interest in acquiring communications and international development experience.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Spanish and English required. [Symbol] Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, flexible, independent, culturally sensitive and detail oriented with ability to multitask. [Symbol] Experience/good knowledge of social media usage.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
We are looking for self-assured, motivated self-starters who are able to work independently as well as being good team players. A non-judgmental approach and commitment to learning is essential, as well as a positive outlook and preparedness for the realities of volunteering in an International Development context.
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers