Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
14 Bedford Square
Help grow an ambitious charity with a global vision of creating communities in cities where people thrive. We are looking for an experienced Fundraising professional to help guide our strategic fundraising direction.
What will you be doing?
Our Fundraising Consultant will spearhead our fundraising efforts with the following activities:
- Setting the strategic direction for our fundraising efforts;
- Liaison with funders;
- Helping with writing grant bids and other donor proposals.
- Developing systems for segmenting, identifying and targeting donors.
- Identifying, researching and approaching new high value prospects for The Collective Foundation's database of potential donors (corporate sponsors and major donor individuals).
- Strategic direction in organising our Charity Dinner events.
You will work directly with the Executive Director of the Foundation, in a beautiful office space in Fitzrovia where The Collective is headquartered.
Who are we looking for?
Ideally, we are looking for an experienced fundraising professional with a successful track record, who can confidently set the strategic direction for our fundraising efforts. We will, however, consider anyone who feels they have the aptitude and enthusiasm to get involved in aspects of the role, e.g. fundraising event coordination, grant writing and/or major donor liaison.
Our ideal addition to the team:
- Has passion for our mission and social entrepreneurship and innovation
- Has at least 2 years of experience with fundraising at previous organisations
- Is both a strategic thinker as well as someone who can do nitty-gritty work
- Has the charm to win over the hearts of our donors
- Works well with the Director, our team, and the wider organisation of The Collective
- Would be interested in growing into a full-time role if they are successful as a volunteer
- Is based in London, though we are very flexible in terms of work arrangements
What difference will you make?
The Collective Foundation has supported social entrepreneurs to impact more than 700,000 people all over the world. Our vision is to create communities in cities where people thrive, everywhere. We're starting in London, but will move to New York, Berlin and many more global hubs over the next few years, launching programmes that unleash people's entrepreneurial potential and use it for social good.
You will join us at a very exciting part of our journey, a stage where anything in the future is still possible. You will contribute crucially to our initial growth - years down the line, we hope you can look back proudly and say you were there since the beginning (and maybe you still will be). By supporting our fundraising efforts, you will enable us to launch innovative new programmes that will impact people's lives on a massive scale, and that will expand globally if successful. When it comes to our ambition, the sky is limit - or actually, the budget is. The more successful you are in this work, the more impact we will be able to make with our organisation (no pressure!).
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to contribute to an organisation with a grand ambition to positively impact people's lives globally;
- Join a friendly, small team within a wider organisation (The Collective);
- Work directly with the Executive Director and have tremendous say in the organisation's strategic direction;
- Opportunity to transition into permanent paid employment if successful in the role;
- Regular company events, team outings, weekly yoga, Friday drinks, office snacks and other small perks.
- Stipend Provided