A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Based in the magnificent rooms at Kenwood House you will:
• Provide a warm and friendly welcome for all visitors.
• Help convey the story of Kenwood by actively engaging with visitors in answering their questions, telling stories about the house or collection, and helping with family trails.
• Help preserve and protect the collection
• Attend relevant training courses and workshops to increase your knowledge of the house, estate and collection.
We need people who:
• Have a friendly, enthusiastic manner and enjoy dealing with people from all walks of life.
• Have confidence in their ability to communicate well with all age groups.
• Are keen to learn more about Kenwood's history.
• Are happy to be on their own in our rooms with members of the public.
What support and training will I receive?
• Core training and role specific training will be given.
• Explainers will be given clear guidance on how to address security or safety issues and will always have access to a member of English Heritage staff.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers