Volunteer Position, 8 hrs/week: Non-Profit Marketing Strategy and Execution
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Nyingma Institute in Berkeley
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
1815 Highland Place
Come join the dedicated and skilled volunteer team at Nyingma Institute, a dynamic non-profit organization located in the Berkeley hills next to UC Berkeley. Work in an environment that supports mindful work and positive relationship. We have parking on site and lunch is provided. We are looking for a one-year commitment.
- Intimate understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels
- Ability to see the big picture and to strategize people, time and resources
- Experience with Google AdWords and optimizing websites for SEO
- Experienced in social media including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Youtube
- Ability to interpret data, make decisions based on data analytics and report on analytics for social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications, and public relations activities within the non-profit or education sector
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
We are a community of accomplishment that has been helping to preserve the Tibetan cultural tradition for over 40 years. With our sister organization, the Yeshe De Project, we have preserved, printed and distributed for free over 5 million Tibetan texts, and many thousands of Tibetan art prints and prayer wheels, to Tibetans in exile across the Himalayan region.
We are looking for an experienced marketing and communications coordinator who is detail oriented with a positive orientation, good interpersonal skills, a good problem solver and who can both give and receive constructive feedback.
Your duties include:
- Work with team on development of all marketing materials.
- Lead efforts to publicize workshops, retreats, and classes.
- Lead all areas of social media content creation, curation, and circulation across multiple channels using an internal content schedule and calendar.
- Evaluate and prepare detailed analysis and reporting on traffic and return on investment associated with marketing campaigns.
- Track and maintain website user analytics, social media engagement and reach.
- Research and communicate market trends and competitive activity to identify new ideas, and potential new channels and markets.