A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
St. Augustine Humane Society
1665 Old Moultrie Road
INSTRUMENT PREP TECH DESCRIPTION
The Instrument Prep Tech is an important, behind-the-scenes position. Because our Wellness Clinic performs 30 to 40 spay/neuter surgeries per day, surgery packs with sterile instruments must be prepared for each and every animal in advance. The Instrument Prep Tech is responsible for following proper protocol for instrument cleaning and sterilization. Our surgery center is the only certified ASPCA Humane Alliance Clinic in St. Johns County, and follows strict procedures for spay/neuter preparation.
· Clean and sanitize surgical instruments
· Wrap surgical packs with appropriate instruments
· Operate autoclave for sterilization
· Laundry as needed
· Physically able to do repetitive procedures with hands
· Must be strong enough to wrap packs securely
· Must have great attention to detail
· Must be able to follow diagrams and instructions
· Must be able to work alone
· Good communication and listening skills
· High situational awareness
· Must wear wine-colored scrubs (to be purchased by volunteer)
· Background check and signed waiver
All volunteers are provided with on-the-job training. Volunteers are paired with an experienced volunteer until they are comfortable enough to perform the required tasks on their own. There is always staff on hand volunteers can contact if they have any questions.
The St. Augustine Humane Society promotes healthy, responsible, lifelong pet ownership in our community. We offer many important services to help pet parents keep their pets, rather than relinquishing them to animal shelters. Some of the services we offer include our high-volume Spay/Neuter Program, our low-cost Wellness Clinic, positive Dog Training classes, and a Pet Food Pantry. We rely on talented and dedicated volunteers to assist with these programs, and to ensure that all pets and pet parents receive the care and services they need. By offering low-cost veterinary services and serving as a resource center for our community, we are able to provide affordable assistance to all, making our clinic the only one of its kind in St. Johns County.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Please be sure to include your name and phone number with your application.