Mentor to 13-25 year olds (The Ready to Achieve Mentoring Program)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by The Ready to Achieve Mentoring Program
Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Ability Connection Colorado (and other locations near you!)
801 Yosemite Street
https://sway.com/XuLrF8pjeErfAQFI?ref=Link - Please visit our website to see videos and memes describing mentoring for RAMP!
The Ready to Achieve Mentoring Program (RAMP)TM of Ability Connection Colorado uses a model incorporating group, peer, and one-on-one mentoring to promote the successful transition of RAMP(TM) youth to employment, continued learning opportunities, and independent living. The mentoring program uses adult volunteers to commit to supporting, guiding, and being a friend to a young person. By becoming part of the social network of adults and community members who care about the youth, the mentor can help youth develop and reach positive academic, career, and personal goals.
First and foremost RAMP provides a unique opportunity to be a part of a young person's life without the responsibility to discipline them or tell them how to live their lives. The role of the mentor is one where you:
- Take the lead in supporting a young person through an ongoing, one-to-one relationship
- Serve as a positive role model and friend
- Build the relationship by planning and participating in activities together
- Strive for mutual respect
- Build self-esteem and motivation
- Help set goals and work toward accomplishing them
- By listening and encouraging, you get to be the person in their life that respects them through all of their life challenges and successes
- Training Provided
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please apply by filling out our application online. It only takes 10-20 minutes!