A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
1800 Appleby Line
Purpose : To carry out the stated purpose, "To use our knowledge, skills, community relationships, volunteers and other resources to create and promote safe and affordable home ownership options with the aim of alleviating the cycle of poverty within our community of Habitat for Humanity Halton-Mississauga".
The role of a Product Tester is to provide assistance to the ReStore by testing and preparing donated merchandise for resale in the ReStore. This support allows HFHHM to raise funds to cover the affiliate’s operational costs and build homes in the Halton-Mississauga community.
Responsible to : The ReStore staff member on duty
Time Commitment:Minimum 1 shift per week of 4 hours.
Hours of Operation: Monday-Saturday 9am-6pm
Job Duration: Minimum 6 months
Location: 1800 Appleby Line, Unit 13 Burlington, Ontario, 4500 Dixie Road, Mississauga, Ontario, 25 Brown Street, Milton, Ontario
· Test and access condition of donated items, including: Paint, Plumbing, etc.
· Periodically review and/or retest stocked merchandise to ensure product is still usable
· Working with the Merchandise Volunteer ensure merchandising sections are fully stocked with variety of products at all times;
· Ensure work area is clean, tidy and safe at all times
· Assist in providing information on Habitat for Humanity and making referrals when appropriate
· Work collaboratively with other volunteers;
· Other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills:
· Understanding of and ability to test and access condition of products using tools/equipment provided;
· Understanding of the Habitat for Humanity philosophy and the desire to promote it;
· Ability to work with a team or independently;
· Friendly, approachable, outgoing
· Willing to take the initiative
· Excellent creative and organizational skills
· Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with customers, HFH Halton-Mississauga staff members and volunteers
Training: Must complete Safety Health and Environment training
Working Conditions: Affiliate location
Participant Group: ReStore Customers, Affiliate Staff and Affiliate Volunteers
Screening Process: Interview
How To Apply
Email or click the link to sign up as a Habitat volunteer!