Times of day
A few hours per month
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
11650 Beacon Ave S
Rainier View Elementary is looking for responsible volunteers to lead Walking School Bus routes. A Walking School Bus is a group of children walking to school led by one or more adults, picking up students along the way. Rainier View will have several routes that operate in the morning, to encourage more students to walk to school. This program is a great way to make sure kids get to school on time, while practicing traffic safety and starting the day with a little exercise!
- Walk along designated paths (no longer than one mile) through the neighborhood before school and pick up students along the way
- Guide the group of children and ensure safety among the walkers
- Responsible and accountable
- Must be able to exhibit safe pedestrian behavior and lead by example
- Must be comfortable supervising children
- Volunteers must pass a background check
- Must be able to commit to volunteering at least one morning per week, for six weeks from 11/6 – 12/15
- Shifts run from 7:00am – 8:00am
- A training course will be provided by the Walking School Bus Coordinator
How To Apply
Interested volunteers should contact Nitica Simons, Rainier View Walking School Bus Coordinator.