Guinness World Record for World's Largest Fossil Dig
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Hamburg Natural History Society
Times of day
A few hours per month
4050 North Street
On Saturday August 25th, Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve will set a Guinness World Record for the World’s Largest Fossil Dig in Hamburg, New York, fifteen minutes from Downtown Buffalo.
Thousands of Buffalonians will be collecting fossils on one day to establish Western New York as the home of the World’s Largest Fossil Dig.
We need 50 stewards to help us organize, motivate diggers, and verify our record as the World’s Largest Fossil Dig. The stewards
- Cannot be affiliated with Penn Dixie
- Must be present at 8:30 am for an important briefing and to receive materials
- Will review rules and procedures with participants prior to the record attempt
- Monitor and supervise 50 participants within a secured fossil collecting area
- Make sure that all participants complete 30 minutes of fossil collecting
- Remind participants to complete required digging documentation
Stewards will receive commemorative t-shirts and guest passes to Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve.
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Register to volunteer here