Education Policy + Social Media Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Parents for Public Schools of San Francisco
Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
3543 18th Street, #1
We are looking for a self motivated volunteer or to provide an integral role in supporting PPS-SF’s BoardWatch program. BoardWatch provides reporting and analysis on San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) Board of Education meetings with the goal of making this information accessible to all San Francisco families and to create a larger narrative about key shifts impacting children in classrooms. Visit our website for examples of our BoardWatch coverage.
Dates/hours can be flexible but candidates need to have evening availability to attend SFUSD board meetings at least one Tuesday per month at 6PM.
- Strong interest in education and civic engagement.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Knowledge and experience in working with diverse populations.
- Comfort with social media.
- Available 5-15 hours per week.
- Public policy and/or journalism experience.
- Ability to speak and write professionally in Spanish or Cantonese
- Attend and report on select meetings of the SFUSD Board of Education (some evening availability required).
- Follow up with Board members and school district staff to obtain timely information about changes to SFUSD policies and priorities.
- Engage with families to solicit feedback on select policy topics.
- Write short articles on current SFUSD policy initiatives.
- Assist policy director with program development, implementation and evaluation.
How To Apply
For more information and to apply, please contact Miranda N. Martin, Director of Policy, PPS-SF at email@example.com.
PPS-SF does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.