A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The Volunteer Manager manages OACLAs relationship with volunteers.
You’ll be the point person for most people’s first interaction with our organization. So we’re looking for someone who is outgoing and gets excited by working with people. If you enjoy helping others find out how they can combine their skills with their passions, this is for you. We are an all volunteer based organization, without a main office, so this also means working from home, VOIP meetings and meeting at coffee shops around LA. If shaping LA’s community toward a positive inclusive future is exciting to you, then we might be a good fit for each other.
We are a lean and flexible organization. And while we are asking for the responsibilities below, if you think you can bring more to the table, maybe even have a better idea of what needs to be brought to the table, then all the more reason for you to apply!
- Maintain and manage volunteer database
- Onboard volunteers to OACLA
- Manage general communication with volunteers
- Reach to organizations to develop volunteer opportunities
- Establish connections with local universities
- Coordinate interviews with volunteer applicants
- Assist in managing the tracking, placement and progress of volunteers into positions
- Assist in creating assignments and projects opportunities for individuals and groups
- Attend Monthly organizational meetings
- AA degree or equivalent experience; BA preferred
- Past experience as a volunteer preferred
- Past experience organizing people
- Familiarity with Slack, Google Docs a bonus
- Conscientious self-starter able to co-ordinate projects with minimum supervision
- Knowledge and/or enthusiasm for architecture and design
- Enthusiasm for working in the social impact space
- Enthusiasm for working with communities
How To Apply
Email resume and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use: [Volunteer Coordinator Volunteer Application] in email subject line.