Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
600 Parkcenter Drive
Love leading interactive mental health presentations? Become a Red Cross Reconnection Workshop Facilitator and utilize your mental health background to provide Reconnection Workshop courses to military, veterans, and their families. Classes offered are:
Exploring Stress and Trauma
Relating to Children
Working Through Anger
Communication and Coping for Children
- Provide Reconnection Workshops for military members, veterans, and their families in various community-based settings.
- Advocate, share and promote information regarding resiliency with others in local area
- Remain clinically active for professional licensing
- Facilitate at least two workshops per year.
- Manage volunteers, work independently or with a team
- Perform duties within the scope of licensure and training
- Stay up-to-date on mental health research and practices for military, veterans and their families
- Holds a current, unencumbered license from, or is registered with, any U.S. state or territory as a social worker, psychologist, professional counselor, marriage and family therapist, or psychiatrist (any level license/registration, including non-clinical licenses such as Licensed Masters Social Worker or LMSW).
- Masters level or above mental health degree
- Willingness to support the Red Cross mission and the United States military
- Personal or professional experience working with the military a plus
- Training Provided