Our writing team tells the exciting and varied story of JAARS through blog posts, web pages, social media, print publications, letters, brochures and flyers. As part of the team, you’ll get to hear how God is working all over the world and then get creative about sharing those stories with others.
Your work schedule may be flexible depending on workflow and deadlines. Make an impact in people’s lives as you communicate the life-changing work of giving people God’s Word.
Write engaging stories and promotional materials in a variety of formats that share how JAARS works to support Bible translation.
● For a full-time volunteer or a non-paid staff person who raises support
● Available at least 10 hours a week
● Must have a permit to work in the US
● Receive specific assignments from editor and/or find stories about the impact of JAARS
● Prepare copy using many styles of writing
● Conduct research and make notes to retain ideas, develop accurate content and obtain authentic detail
● Organize material and plan arrangement or outline
● Develop factors such as theme, plot, order, characterization and story line
● Write drafts, review, revise and correct before submitting to Senior Editor for publication
● Assist other writers by editing and sharing ideas on drafts and projects
● Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
● Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS and help us live them effectively
Education and Experience Desired
● Excellent creative writing talent and editing skills
● College degree or equivalent in relevant field
● Writer with at least one year of work experience
● Must provide three writing samples that match the type of writing we need as outlined above
● Proficiency in Microsoft Word (including Review features) and G Suite (including Google Docs)
● Familiar with Chicago Manual of Style
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
Our writing team tells the exciting and varied story of JAARS through blog posts, web pages, social media, print publications, letters, brochures and flyers. As part of the team, you’ll get to hear how God is working all over the world and then get…