The Center for the Integration & Advancement of New Americans (CIANA) is a social services organization that works to integrate new immigrants from the Middle East, North Africa, South Asia and Latin America into the socio-economic and civic life of American society while maintaining pride in their cultural heritage.
CIANA is looking for an organized and reliable volunteer bookkeeping assistant to assist our accountant with accounting duties and related file management.
- Assist in issuing checks for bills, employee reimbursements and stipends in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure that all expenditures are booked to appropriate accounts to accommodate month end reports; reconcile bank and credit card accounts and provide reports to Executive Director and Board of Directors on monthly basis in collaboration with Accountant
- Proactively maintain organized filing system for all financial transactions and records in allocating expenses
- Work using generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Highly organized and reliable
- Advanced proficiency in Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel
- Additional proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office
- Strong mathematical skills
- Current or recent undergraduates pursuing or hold a bachelor's degree in finance or accounting; retired accountants and business managers are especially welcome
- Passionate about advancing immigrant rights
- Fluency or bilingualism in another language (especially Arabic, Bengali, and Spanish)
Hours: 5-10 per week; flexible but consistent
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or find out more about us on our website or social media and let’s chat: www.cianainc.org or @cianainc