Legacy Society and Development Specialist
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Texas Association of Charitable Clinics
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
TOMAGWA Healthcare Ministries
455 School Street
The 2018- 2019 Legacy Society and Development Specialist at TOMAGWA clinic will be further expanding the planned giving membership program developed and implemented by the first 2 VISTAs. This VISTA member will be updating marketing materials used for the program, planning events for Legacy Society members, attending networking events/meetings to expand the clinic’s planned giving resources, and ultimately increasing funds to the clinic to expand services. As the final placement for the planned giving project at TOMAGWA, the VISTA will also research the best practices to ensure that the Legacy Society sustains itself after they leave, transferring capacity to other clinic volunteers and staff members.
The Texas Association of Charitable Clinics, (TXACC) founded in 2003 is a private, not for profit 501(c)3 membership association that supports Texas' free and charitable clinics. Through mentoring, the provision of resources and education and advocacy efforts, TXACC seeks to strengthen the charitable clinic network in Texas. The Texas Association of Charitable Clinics VISTA Program is looking to place individuals who are committed to national service and public health in the clinics throughout Texas that are dedicated to providing quality healthcare services to low-income individuals. Our VISTA Members will be working on various projects at free and charitable clinics across Texas with the goal of expanding affordable healthcare. VISTA Program members will be provided with on-going support and training, as well as invaluable experience in the healthcare field.
· Monthly living allowance of $900
· Relocation Allowance
· Child Care Assistance
· End of Service Award of either $5,920 Education Award or $1,800 Cash Stipend
· On-Going Training and Professional Development
· Non-Competitive Eligibility for Federal Employment
· College Graduate
· At Least 18 Years Old
· Commitment to National Service and solutions to poverty
· Interest in learning about the workings of free and reduced healthcare systems.
· Responsible for finding own housing.
· Driver‘s License and access to a reliable vehicle
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
How To Apply
For instructions on how to apply, contact VISTA Leader
Texas Association of Charitable Clinics
AmeriCorps VISTA Leader