Western Idaho Fair Expo Building
5610 North Glenwood Street
Evaluation is an important process that helps members to know where they stand in knowledge, skills, and attitudes so they can build on their strengths and work to improve the areas that are more challenging for them.
As an interview evaluator, you will be conducting one-on-one interviews with youth, focusing on learning about the 4-H project(s) they completed during the current 4-H year. During this interview you will evaluate their understanding of their project and completeness of their record book. Almost all the 4-H members you interview will have worked hard on their projects and have some exciting accomplishments to share.
We encourage you to have fun! Celebrate the positives with the students and be gentle but honest with the areas that need improvement. Being a 4-H evaluator can be inspiring and you can make a difference in the life of a child, so enjoy the experience!
- August 13 (Monday), 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- August 14 (Tuesday), 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
*Shifts are flexible within the above scheduled times; an all-day commitment is NOT required.*
- Work under the supervision of county 4-H Professional maintaining frequent communication and accepting guidance.
- Attend an evaluator’s orientation prior to Interview Evaluations.
- Ability to organize information and materials.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Must have good communication and people relation skills.
- Sincere interest in working with the University of Idaho Extension staff and fellow volunteers in an educational setting.
- Make a difference in the lives of youth.
- Further develop personal organization, leadership, time management, and communication skills.
- Help build and support young leaders in our local community.
University of Idaho Extension, Ada County 5880 N Glenwood Street
Boise, ID 83714
How To Apply
Please go to website and fill out the interest form or email Kristi Mire at firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest. You may also contact our office directly at 208-287-5900. Thank you and we hope to hear from you.
The University of Idaho is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and educational organization. We offer our programs to persons regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, or disability. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication program information or reasonable accommodations needs to contact Ada County Extension two weeks before the class at 5880 Glenwood St., Boise, ID, 208-287-5900, email@example.com.