A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
2271 Vandalia Avenue
Human Health Project (HHP) is a global nonprofit organization dedicated to helping individuals increase their health knowledge through the sharing of health information. HHP collects, analyzes, and shares health information to empower and inform individuals to achieve better health outcomes. Our patient-centered approach enables patients and caregivers to choose treatments based on evidence-based clinical data as well as the cumulative knowledge of the HHP community.
For more Information about HHP, please visit our website: https://www.humanhealthproject.org/
- Initiating and setting goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of Human Health Project (HHP)
- Planning the programs from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes
- Developing or approving budgets and operations
We are looking for an experienced Program VP/Director to supervise a wide range of programs. You will be responsible for the delivery and overall success of each program. You will supervise managers and serve as a coach and mentor for managers within the Program team and Program departments and inform management on progress and performance.
A successful Program VP/Director must have a broad knowledge of program management principles. They must have a strategic mindset as well as be able to lead and develop their subordinates.
The goal is to ensure every program will be delivered successfully and add the highest possible value to the organization.
- Initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the organization
- Ensure that programs and services that are aligned with the mission, are developed, executed, evaluated, modified, and expanded or dismantled to maximize mission impact
- Recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the program goals
- Establish and sustain networks with corporations, peers, community groups and organizations as they pertain to programs and services, in coordination with the CEO
- Plan the programs from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes
- Work collaboratively with the Manager of Development and Business Development to assure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its programmatic work
- Successfully engage with the fundraising team.
- Develop or approve budgets and operations
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements
- Supervise all program and project managers involved to provide feedback and resolve complex problems
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
- Maintain appropriate balance between programs and administration
- Attract, develop, coach, and retain high-performance team members, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility, span of control, and performance.
- Work with staff to develop systems to ensure consistent, high-quality project management.
- Provide leadership in development of inter-team communication and cohesiveness, and program expansion.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates top quality, diverse staff and volunteers.
- Apply change, risk and resource management principles when needed
- Read reports prepared by managers to determine progress and issues
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
- Develop the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge that is generated by the programs.
- Keep senior management informed with detailed and accurate reports or presentations
- Proven experience as program director or other managerial position
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders including advisory groups, coalitions, forums, trade associations, foundations, corporate sponsors, and practitioner groups
- Ability to effectively negotiate contract terms related to services and programs on behalf of the organization subject to the approval of the CEO
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Working knowledge of MS office and program management software (e.g. Basecamp, MS Project etc.)
- A business acumen with a strategic ability
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching and relationship management experience and strong demonstrated success managing funder as well as collaborative relationships
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc/BA diploma in management or a relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
- International Volunteers
How To Apply