BECOME A BUILD MENTOR! INSPIRE YOUTH ENTREPRENEURS TO COLLEGE SUCCESS!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by BUILD
Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
199 Churchill Avenue
Looking for an impactful and inspiring volunteer opportunity? Join BUILD’s growing community of youth mentors! BUILD is a four-year college prep program whose mission is to use entrepreneurship to ignite the potential in youth from under-resourced communities and propel them to post-secondary success. By taking a hands-on approach to starting their own business, our students gain confidence and valuable skills that will make them competitive for college and future careers.
VOLUNTEER AS A BUILD MENTOR THIS SCHOOL YEAR! BUILD is currently looking for mentors to support our youth entrepreneurs in Oakland, San Jose and along the Peninsula. Through a structured group mentoring model, mentors coach our students as they start and run their own business, all the while collaborating with like-minded professionals. As many of our students are first generation, you’ll have the chance to share your professional background with our BUILDers and inspire them to stay on track for college. Mentors are an integral part of program as they develop strong relationships with our students and help them realize their potential. Apply today at www.build.org/volunteer!
What do our students have to say about BUILD?
"BUILD has helped me grow by being there when I needed them and always supporting me and pushing me when I didn't have confidence to do something. I see now how far ahead of my peers I am."
Details about your role:
- Time commitment: 2 hours, 1 day a week (M-Th)
- Duration: minimum of 1 academic year (except for winter and spring breaks)
- Where: Partner schools in Redwood City
- 1:4 ratio of mentor to students
- Orientation and training provided
- Placements are accessible by Bart and car
- Complete an application at www.build.org/volunteer
What you'll get out of it:
- Opportunities to network and collaborate with like-minded individuals from a variety of industries
- A chance to share your skillset with students while learning some in the process
- Amazing relationships with our students and a chance to see them grow
- Evenings full of laugher, smiles and high school sass
- BUILD family
What do our mentors have to say?
"The relationships I'm building with my students is the most important part of the BUILD experience. I am seeing them change in such amazing ways."
Got questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Training Provided